Djiyagan Dhanbaan – Strong Sister Movement promotes:
- Sisters gathering in unity with open hearts.
- Creating safe spaces to share/yarn.
- Self-empowerment and leadership.
- Respecting diversity.
- Nurturing wellbeing in ourselves and others.
- Reviving Aboriginal culture through language and practices.
What does it all mean?
Yellow inner circle – the power within.
Blue lines – open communication.
Connecting of blue lines – sharing/yarning.
Green outline of circle – coming with an open heart.
Semi circles – women gathering together
Number of women – 9 represents leadership, the ability to see clearly, integrating the three worlds – physical, intellectial, spiritual; ability to understand, unity, truth, dissolves ego attachments, challenges faced in looking for your own wisdom.
Small different coloured circles between semi circles – acknowledging everyone has something to contribute, valuing diversity.
Red circle outline – our connecting with mother earth.
Golden outlines of red circle – inner line: recognising self worth, outer line: safe space.